If you’d like your app to send push notifications you will need to do a little setup on Fliplet Studio
Fliplet uses Google's Firebase to send push notifications to Android devices. This is a free service offered as part of any Google account. Getting the information needed to add Firebase to your app is easy - follow this quick guide to find out how.
Go to https://firebase.google.com/ and log in with your Google account. If your company use Google services for your email it'll be even easier - but if not, then use the email you used to create the Google Playstore account. If you haven't got either of these, create a new account.
Create a new project
You'll need to create a new Firebase project - this will be where all the unique details for your push notifications are held.
Once you've signed in, simply click on "Create new project" and add a name and country. Then click "Create project" when you are done - this can take a little while to load.
Setting up your project
Once your project has loaded, you will be taken to the main dashboard. Find the "Settings" button (it has a gear symbol) in the top left of the screen, next to "Dashboard".
Set up cloud messaging
Once you're in the project settings, at the top of your screen, find the tap "Cloud Messaging" and click on it.
Finally, enable push notification in your app
1. Once you have your Sender ID and Server Key from Google's Firebase you'll need to go back to Studio to enter your ID and Key to Platforms Push Notification area, (highlighted in red below).
- Click on Launch checklist,
- Under Distribute your app
- Select Google / Andriod and then Push notifications.
2. Then you'll need to Configure the Push Interface under the "Send push notification area".
- You'll need to tick the "Show notification pop-up automatically" and then save.
- OR You can also customise a pop-up to appear on a specific page by placing the code snippet (highlighted in red below) on the wanted screen of your app.Then Save.
3.Finally, You'll need to publish your app to distribute the changes to your live app, once you're done. Find more information about sending push notification here.
Note: You need to publish your app for these push notifications settings to be applied to your app.