If you’d like your app to send push notifications you will need to do a little setup on Fliplet Studio.
You will be able to do this by entering a couple of key bits of information from your Apple developer account to Fliplet Studio.
You will need to provide the Authentication key and the Key ID. This is a one off key used across all your apps and never has to be renewed.
To create your Authentication key, follow the below steps:
- Visit the Apple Developer Member Centre and click on “Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles” section.
- Create a new Auth Key by selecting the APNs Auth Key section and then clicking on the “+” button in the top right corner.
- On the next page, scroll to the Production section and select Apple Push Notification Authentication Key (Sandbox & Production), then scroll to the bottom of the page and press ‘Continue’.
- On the following page you will want to download the key and store it somewhere secure.
Finally, enable push notification in your app
Once you have your Push keys from of the Apple Store, you'll need to go back to Studio and click on Launch checklist, and under Distribute your app select iOS and Push notifications.
1. Add your Push Keys to the Platforms Push Notification area, (highlighted in red below).
- To enter the Authentication key you will need to open the original file you downloaded in a text editor, copy the contents of the file and paste in the Auth Key text entry field
- For the Key ID simply take the 10 digit code from the Auth Key file name and enter into the Key ID field.
2. Then you'll need to Configure the Push Interface under the "Send push notification area".
- You'll need to tick the "Show notification pop-up automatically" and then save.
- OR You can also customise a pop-up to appear on a specific page by placing the code snippet (highlighted) on the wanted screen of your app.Then Save.
3.Finally, click Save and go to the Push notifications to send your notification. You'll need to publish your app before hand to distribute the changes to your live app.
Find more information about sending push notification here.
Note: You need to publish your app for these push notifications settings to be applied to your app.