Configure Google Analytics
Fliplet supports Google Analytics for Web or mobile apps.
Image above - Fliplet's Google Analytics settings screen.
You will need 2 different tracking codes from Google Analytics if you want to track your mobile and web app. The reason why you need two is that Web apps and Mobile Apps are different. This difference can simply be defined by:
- A Web App runs on a browser. This means that a Web Application needs access to the internet for it to work on your devices.
- A Mobile app runs on the device itself. Meaning that it can run offline and use the mobile device's own storage facilities.
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- In the Property column, select Create new property from the drop-down menu.
- Select Website.
- Provide a Website Name. You may use the name of your app.
- Provide a Website URL. You may use your company URL or the URL for your app’s marketing site.
- Click Get Tracking ID.
- In the View column, select Create new view from the drop-down menu.
- Select Mobile app.
- Provide a Reporting View Name.
- Click Create View.
- Now at this point, you'll want to add the tracking code to the app settings in Fliplet Studio (Image above) once Google Analytics has provided it.
Testing Google Analytics
- Update your app:
- Fliplet Viewer will update your app and then begin using your tracking code within a few minutes.
- Live apps will need to be published via the 'Launch' section of Fliplet Studio
- Once your app has updated, load Google Analytics and view the real time report for your new app. This report updates after 30 seconds.
- Use your app and if the Real Time report shows your app's usage after 1 minute it means Google Analytics tracking has been successfully enabled.
- The real-time report is available in the list of reports in Google Analytics.
The real-time report shows the number of users over time: